Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Memorial Day Weekend

The weather cleared up just in time to have a couple of enjoyable days outside on a long weekend.

Saturday was a wash, but Sunday was nice, and Monday was perfect!

Sunday after breakfast I loaded up the kids onto the trailer and headed toward Colvill. Jillian wasn't happy with things at first, but we got moving and she was happy. Graham had a blast pedaling. He was about 50/50 with pedaling the correct direction, but it was fun. Let me tell you though... pedaling a fat bike (with non-good rolling tires) with a double Weehoo loaded with almost 70 pounds of kid is tough! Glad I didn't remove the gears from the fat bike! Definitely need gears to pull 110+ pounds of trailer!



Memorial Day was time for our RAMBO Mem. Day ride! Memorial on Memorial!

Lower than hoped for turnout, but it was still doing a lap with the guys and chat while eating brats and chips. After eating I headed out to see what happened if I rode more and more and more. I ended up with another 2 hours of riding and the realization that I'm in ok shape, but not really ready for 30+ miles of singletrack....

Stairway was hot!

FLAT TIRE! 32 oz. of Powerade and I was still thirsty...

No comments: