Monday, April 18, 2016

A beautiful weekend!

Carly was working so it was a "Mr. Mom" type weekend. Saturday ride plans had to be scrubbed due to lack of tried and true babysitting options... while I think Bubble Guppies could do it for a lap of the bluff I don't know that I should test those waters...

Because of the no Saturday riding, I decided to take off of work Friday afternoon. Met a couple of fellow SPHers up on the hill for what proved to be a fun and exhausting ride! 3 turned to 2 turned to myself for the last of 3 laps. The hills were definitely getting tougher on the last 1/2 of the lap! And I skipped Stairway on laps 2 and 3 along with skipping the Quarry on 2 and 3.

I did attempt a section of Southern Cross on lap 3... possibly my favorite 10 yards of trail on the whole bluff. It's not IMBA approved... it's not pretty... in fact it keeps getting worse... did I make it?


If I have a picture of it... I don't think I made it. Love the challenge of the roots! There is probably a better line but you have to just throw yourself at this wall...

Saturday Graham and Jillian hit a section of singletrack for a couple of little loops. I was walking with J in the backpack... Graham "shredding" on his balance bike... he loves it. Can't wait to see how he progresses (if he does... no pressure from my end) and picks up pedaling later this spring/summer.

You can make a fairly nice "green" loop out of most of Margaritaville... 



Graham has such a game face on... he really does say he had a lot of fun!

No comments: