Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Welcome to Sucksville... population 1

After this past weekend's race up in beautiful Milaca I (Blackbeard) have come to the conclusion that I suck at 'cross racing. I don't really mind, but it hit me pretty hard on Sunday. I'm just not fast.



The course for the afternoon was in one word fast. If I would use a few more words it could be described as "fast if you are good enough to actually go fast". The only real hills on the course were both preceded by barriers (but at least the barriers weren't right on the steep part of the hill... THANKS!). Everything else was pretty flat. Essentially a drag race. Once again fun seemed to have been had by all. Sorry to Sexy Dave for clearing out of town before the A race really got going, but nice work on the race. Nice job by Jake in not getting last in the B race (though I looked it up, it was actually close), and doing pretty decent in the C race. I didn't get lapped (which was my realistic goal) but not being able to stick to people that I thought I should have been able to stick with sucked. Oh well.



Special kudos to SPHers K-Money and the Express (aka Bill Dance) and SPHer in training Lar-Dog for the awesome cheering! SPH's enthusiasm will be the key to our complete and utter world domination.

1 comment:

Jaqueb "Scraggs" said...

SPH doesn't spell cross... so we mind as well just represent by yelling and screaming like our mamas taught us!