Sunday, October 7, 2007

The ship sets sail from Minneapolis to St. Paul

Avast all ye stout hearted souls. Before ye read on, just know that this isn't a cycling related event. Blackbeard decided to spread the good word to other venues and tried out the Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon. The weather was more like off the shoals of St. Kitts than Minnesota in October, but we still weighed anchor at roughly 8:10 am. The pace was too fast for my peg legs and after about 8-9 miles I almost was headed for Davey Jones' Locker, but we pulled down the spinnaker (that's a nautical sounding way of saying that we slowed down) and I could keep going. I think I was running until roughly mile 12-13 and then the dreaded run/walk cycle began. About that time me first mate Speve came down with a case of heat stroke or dehydration or hyponytremia and had to pull out. Remy and I continued on and victoriously raised the Jolly Roger in a snail like 5 hours and 10 minutes. Below you'll see a picture of about mile 6 or so. We were still actually having fun.

1 comment:

Jaqueb "Scraggs" said...

Those are some HOTT shirts!