Monday, October 8, 2007

CX'in it!




Setting sail, wind 15 knots to the west was a bit slow... trying to make the start of ole Blackbeard's marathon, I showed up about 2 min late. After reading my maps wrong I decided it was time to move on to my own race. The race being Lake Rebecca's CX race.... placed in the valley town of Rockford, MN. Hopping on my bike I immediately knew it was going to be a bad race day... but with the leaves in full color and legs filled with lead I attempted two races. First one with a unrecoverable bonk half-way through and the second race was a joy ride. After being lapped I turned on my Sunday cruise mode and finished the race. The heat didn't help anything, and a final congrats to Blackbeard for completing a landlubbers marathon.

1 comment:

Z said...

Nice job regardless of the results! In the picture you look like you know what you are doing! Image is everything. Oh wait... I don't care about image... nice job anyways. Once I can pedal a bike again I'm gonna practice practice practice to still get a cross race in this year.