Thursday, June 7, 2007

Avast Ye Mateys

It's been a rough week of racin' for Blackbeard (aka me). Rough but pretty fun. Braved the dreaded "steps o' doom" that would make a land-lubbers yardarm go a twitchin at the Wooly Race up in St. Croix Falls. Finished dead center middle of my first Sport race at Steeplechase. The bookends to the week of racing were the Route's Tuesday night races. Twas a good time for certain when I finished one spot ahead of the sandbaggin Scraggs while navigating the treacherous Rivers Falls singletrack. The performance at the Badlands was less than impressive as ole Scraggs decided that losing to a chump such as myself really isn't that advisable. I think he only finished 2 spots ahead of me (so we're close in the series standings if there were such a thing), but the total time looks a bit rough for ole Blackbeard. There is some controversy about whether the results should truly stand as I wasn't racing under the SPH banner.... Next up: Afton baby. Yargh. For sure. Yargh!

No comments: