Sunday, November 7, 2010

JAKE TAKES THE FIRST ANNUAL GCSSC!!!

With a dominating start, Jake rocketed to victory in the first annual Goodhue County Single-speed Championship held today on Memorial Park and the surrounding gravel roads.

Results

Jake "I Designed a Cross Course" Huot - 1:28.02
Matt "Whoops I Went Out Too Fast" Riley - 1:33.10
Isaac "Spinning Sux" Giesen - 1:42.48
Marcus "The Dominator" Warrington - 1:43.41
Larry "I Ride a Rickety Singlespeed" Warrington - 1:45.58
Mike "My Singlespeed has Gears" Harper - DNF (got to Lehrbach)
Andrew "I Rode my Bike for the Second Time and it Broke" Petersen - Epic DNF

The course was sweet with a big gear and a fast rollin' set of tires. This old man was so spun out that my legs HURT!!! The climbs were pretty sweet though... almost too spun out on them too. Jakes course was heavy on climbs, climbs and more climbs. Great job Jake!

Next year, maybe we'll have more singletrack... maybe not... it certainly was fun and HARD!

2 comments:

Lars said...

I think I am going to dream of front suspension for days. Rigid forks are the masochistic.
Great course and fantastic weather for the first annual GCSSC.

Z said...

Agreed on the course. I have a wonderfully fast singlespeed bike that can be made available for this race and maybe Chaindrive (unless you just want to take it off my hands). I'm thinking I need a rougher ride through the woods...